Chicken & Veggie Penne Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen California blend vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, heat Roasted Garlic Infused Oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until chicken is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with crusty dinner rolls.
Make ahead & freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place bag, frozen vegetables and unopened Creamy Crab Cheese Ball Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.