Chicken Kale Salad Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice (almond, cashew, coconut)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh kale leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 18 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 3 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight. In a container with tight fitting lid, combine next 3 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Seal well; shake to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Fill a medium saucepan with water; bring to a boil. Carefully add eggs using a spoon. Reduce heat to a gentle boil. Cook 6 minutes. Remove eggs from water and place in cold water for 5 minutes. Gently peel eggs.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, broccoli slaw and garlic dressing together. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Slice chicken.
- Divide kale salad among 6 large bowls or dinner plates. Top with chicken, tomatoes and avocado. Gently slice eggs in half and place on salads.
Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine first 3 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 450 Total Fat: 29g Sat. Fat: 4.5g Cholest: 270mg Sodium: 410mg Carbs: 13g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 3g Protein: 35g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.