Chicken Hummus Lettuce Wraps Recipe
These Chicken Hummus Lettuce Wraps are packed with flavor and are a great healthy dinner option!
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Prepare hummus as directed on package. Refrigerate. Combine 1 Tbsp. olive oil, chicken, Onion Onion Seasoning, Garlic Garlic Seasoning, soy sauce and lime juice in a large resealable plastic bag. Marinate for 2-3 hours. Place chicken in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes; add the onions, peppers and zucchini. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves; place on plates. Spread 2-4 Tbsp. of hummus on each. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Add chopped tomatoes, if desired.