Chicken Fajita Tacos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups sliced red and/or green bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup water
- 12 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, Pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, peppers and onions. Sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes; drain off liquid.
- Stir in water and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Continue cooking 4-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Taco Rice.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings) Calories: 330 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 720mg Carbs: 29g Fiber: <1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 29g