Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfelle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into ¾-inch cubes), seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas, mixed vegetables or chopped broccoli
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken and 2 tablespoons Onion Onion™ Seasoning. Sauté until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream cheese, milk, pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon Onion Onion™ Seasoning and frozen vegetables; simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese; cook until heated through. Salt and pepper as desired.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; combine with 2 teaspoons oil and Parmesan cheese in a gallon freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 3 ingredients except milk in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Tip: If reheating, add a little milk for creaminess.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 520 Total Fat: 21g Sat. Fat: 10g Cholest: 105mg Sodium: 490mg Carbs: 52g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 32g