Chicken & Artichoke Skillet Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 sections, pounded thin
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Season chicken with Ultimate Steak Seasoning. In large skillet, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until browned on both sides.
- In small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lemon juice, Spinach & Herb Seasoning and Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Add to skillet with artichokes and capers. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot power and 2 tablespoons water. Stir into sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Ultimate Sautéed Zucchini recipe.
Note: 1¾ cups half & half can be substituted for the coconut milk, if desired.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place seasoned chicken in a quart freezer bag. Place step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Wine Pairing: ChardonnayNutrition per Serving: Calories: 290 Total Fat: 17g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 640mg Carbs: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 28g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.