Cherry & Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Two tasty holiday flavors in one yummy cookie – perfect for entertaining or snacking.
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix until well combined and dough is formed.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of parchment paper, plastic wrap or wax paper. Form each half into an 8-inch log and roll up in paper. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice each log into 12 slices. Place 2-inches apart on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Let cool on pan 1 minute. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Place both logs in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3.