Cherry Bacon Brussels Sprouts Recipe
With smoky bacon and sweet-tart cherries, these savory sprouts make the perfect side for holiday dinners.
- ½ pound bacon, chopped
- 1-1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved or quartered if large
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, sauté bacon until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to clean paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water to skillet; continue sautéing until liquid is absorbed and sprouts are browned to desired doneness, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and dried cranberries, removing from heat and tossing to coat. Sprinkle with almonds, and serve immediately.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cherry Zinfandel Sprouts from So Delicious! We had this at our Taste N' Trends meeting ... loved it. I made it for my gathering with friends and then again for my church group. A hit and so simple! Even people that don't like brussel sprouts loved it.
Date published: 2019-09-27