Cheesy BBQ Chicken Recipe
Chicken breast filled with a cheesy pesto and topped with smoky BBQ sauce.
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 (5-6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix and water; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Let cool.
- Add softened cream cheese and mozzarella cheese to pesto; stir until well combined.
- Cut large slit in side of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture into slits in chicken. Sprinkle chicken with Seasoned Salt; close pocket with toothpicks.
- Place seam-side-up on a foil-lined and greased medium rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Brush with Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce. Continue baking 5-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from oven and brush with Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce.
Serve with steamed broccoli and Creamy Parmesan Hash Browns.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 3. Individually wrap each chicken breast with plastic wrap. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Place Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 375°F and continue with step 4.