Cheesy Bacon Burger Bowls Recipe
Forget the bun. You won’t miss it with these loaded burgers, stuffed with Cheddar cheese, bacon and mushrooms.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar seasoning
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and fresh chives for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and Cheesy Potato Warm Dip Mix; set aside.
- In medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef with Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Roll ground beef into six balls. Using a clean soda can, press each ball around the bottom to create a burger “bowl”; carefully remove and place on an aluminum foil-lined, large rimmed baking sheet.
- Divide mushrooms, ½ cup cheese and ½ of crumbled bacon among “bowls”. Top each bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining bacon and cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of beef reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Serve topped with desired garnishes.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSbyRoberta from Meat & potato flavor! I wanted something different for dinner using ground beef and this was just the thing! The Cheesy Potato topper was good. I like the ‘no bun’ idea as well. I served it with fried egg noodles mixed with Garlic Garlic. My husband mixed it all together for a ‘garbage plate’ idea. We will make this one again.
Date published: 2019-12-16