Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Infused Oil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and Garlic Garlic Seasoning to skillet. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and allowing to brown. Remove cover and continue sautéing until nicely browned and softened.
- Place as much cauliflower into a food processor or heavy-duty blender as will fit. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Infused Oil. Purée to desired consistency, adding remaining cauliflower as it purées. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef, mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, Onion Onion Seasoning and Rustic Herb Seasoning, until beef is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- In small dish, whisk together tapioca flour and water. Stir into skillet until thickened. Transfer to a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Top with cheese and spread with mashed cauliflower. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Turn broiler onto HIGH; broil until top is lightly browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with steamed broccoli.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 24g Sat. Fat: 8g Cholest: 65mg Sodium: 580mg Carbs: 12g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 25g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.