Caribbean Pork Rice Bowl Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning*
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, jerk seasoning and Onion Onion Seasoning. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, mango chunks and Mango Lime Sauce. Bring to a simmer (do not boil); reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together. Stir into skillet; continue cooking until thickened (about 1-2 minutes). Serve over rice.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve garnished with chopped avocado, chopped cilantro and cashews.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
*Tip: To substitute everyday spices for the jerk seasoning, add the following to the recipe instead: 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1½ teaspoons allspice, 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.