Berry Burst Slab Cake Recipe
This cake is topped with whipped cream with a slight lemon flavor and piled high with fruit.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, cut in half or quartered if large berries
- 2 (6 ounce) containers blackberries
- 1½ cups red grapes
- 2 fresh kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, combine Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, water and butter; blend well. Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with 2 sheets of aluminum foil that extend up the sides of the pan. Grease foil; spread batter to edges of pan. Bake 32-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Invert cake onto a serving tray or large baking sheet, removing foil.
- In large bowl, combine cream and packet 2. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat until stiff peaks form. Spread on top side of cake. Pile high with fruit. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Prepare cake a day ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to top with whipped cream and fruit.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChefAlex from Light and luscious! Such an easy recipe to whip up! I added some lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar to the berries I cut up and it was amazing! Best part was since I completely foiled the pan I didn't have to clean it.
Date published: 2021-01-02