Beef, Cheese and Spinach Penne Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 1½ cups hot water
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet with cover over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef and Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning until no longer pink; salt and pepper as desired. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix. Stir in milk, water, pasta and Spinach & Herb Seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness of pasta, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with Green Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing.
Make ahead & freeze: Combine first 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine next two ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.