Bayou Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground chorizo sausage
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2.8 ounce) canister French-fried onlines, toasted if desired
- 6 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, chorizo, 1 tablespoon Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze and Onion Onion™ Seasoning. Form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining 2 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze.
- Spread buns with Bayou Bourbon mayonnaise, top with lettuce and tomato, if desired, burgers and French-fried onions.
Makes 6 burgers. Serve with Bayou Glazed & Grilled Potatoes.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare patties through step 1. Place patties in a gallon resealable freezer bag between layers of wax paper. Place remaining 2 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.