Bayou Bourbon Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 12 hamburger buns
- 1 (2.8 ounce) canister French-fried onions, toasted if desired
- In large skillet, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and Onion Onion™ Seasoning; cook and crumble until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add sloppy Joe sauce, pinto beans, Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze and cayenne, if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in buns topped with French-fried onions.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with Vidalia® Onion Broccoli Slaw.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine turkey and Onion Onion™ Seasoning in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Combine step 2 in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare as directed above.
Vidalia® is a registered Certification Mark of the Georgia Department of Agriculture; however, use of the Mark in no way indicates endorsement of this product by said department.