Batty Deviled Eggs Recipe
Try this cute recipe for Batty Deviled Eggs - sure to be a favorite at your Halloween party!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 12 small black olives
- 6 jumbo black olives
- Additional mustard for decoration
- No bake/cook
- In medium bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; set aside. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and mash with a fork. Add to mayonnaise mixture; blend well.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture. Cover; chill up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle with paprika and top with olive bat garnishes.
To Make Bat Garnishes:
- Slice 6 small black olives in half lengthwise to create the bodies of each bat.
- Cut 6 jumbo black olives into horizontal slices. Quarter each slice to make two sets of bat wings.
- Slice the narrow top off remaining 6 small black olives horizontally. Quarter each slice to make 2 sets of bat ears.
- Assemble on top of eggs. Use a toothpick dipped in prepared mustard to add eyes to each bat.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lovemymixes from Delicious and cute I have made these every year for halloween parties I have been invited too. They are always a hit and disappear quickly. Assembling the bats is a little tricky but otherwise it's really a great recipe.
Date published: 2019-12-16