Baked Farfalle & Sausage Recipe
- 12 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 pound ground mild or hot Italian sausage
- 9 mini sweet peppers, sliced into thick rings
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup plain panko bread crumbs, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking 1 minute less than al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Place in a greased freezer to oven-safe 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat Roasted Garlic Infused Oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, peppers, Onion Onion Seasoning and Seasoned Salt. Cook and crumble, into large pieces, until no longer pink and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Cool; add to pasta.
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until smooth when whisked. Whisk in Jalapeño Honey Cheese Ball Mix and Spinach & Herb Seasoning, then milk and cheese. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and sausage. Toss to coat. If desired, in small bowl, combine remaining 3 ingredients; sprinkle over pasta.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Seal well, label and freeze.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 400°F. Remove foil and plastic; loosely replace foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
No Freeze Option: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare through step 4. Do not cover. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional ingredients) Calories: 750 Total Fat: 46g Sat. Fat: 21g Cholest: 125mg Sodium: 1,400mg Carbs: 57g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 13g Protein: 29g