Bacon Wrapped Spinach & Herb Chicken Recipe
- 6 (5-6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 12 uncured sugar-free bacon slices or bacon slices (about ¾ pound)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut large slit in side of each chicken breast, creating a pocket.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Spinach & Herb Seasoning and water. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; cool 5 minutes. Add softened cream cheese to bowl; stir vigorously until well combined.
- Stuff cheese mixture into slits in chicken. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast. Place in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. If desired, broil on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Ultimate Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 3. Wrap each chicken breast in plastic wrap and place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 400°F and continue with step 3.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 480 Total Fat: 28g Sat. Fat: 13g Cholest: 225mg Sodium: 850mg Carbs: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 56g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.