Bacon Pepper Meatloaf with 'Baked' Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, scrubbed clean, dried
- Avocado or olive oil cooking spray
- Potato toppings of choice such as butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, optional
- Slow Cooker
- In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, ½ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and 1½ teaspoons Seasoned Pepper. Mix until just combined, being sure not to over mix. Form into a greased 8-inch round cake pan*.
- In a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker, add wire rack and 1½ cups of hot water. Place cake pan on rack. Top with second wire rack*.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with fork. Lightly spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon Seasoned Pepper. Place on second rack in pot. Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 25 minutes.
- When meatloaf and potatoes are done, allow a 10 minute natural release, then continue with a quick release. Remove potatoes and meatloaf; drain off grease from meatloaf. Spread remaining Bacon Pepper Jam over meatloaf and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve potatoes topped with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with steamed veggies of choice.
Wine Pairing: Red Blend
Slow Cooker Option: Following directions above, line a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with aluminum foil. Prepare step 1, form loaf to fit your slow cooker. Place in slow cooker. Cook on LOW 6 hours. Prepare pototaes in microwave or oven (see Notes below).
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 and place in a gallon freezer bag. Place remaining Bacon Pepper Jam in a quart freezer bag and add to meatloaf bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely and continue with step 1.
*Notes: If you don't have an 8-inch cake pan or it doesn't fit your multi-cooker, use 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil to create a pan that will fit your multi-cooker. Also, if you don't have a second rack or are slow cooking, potatoes can be microwaved on HIGH 5-6 minutes or baked at 375°F for 1 hour.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include potato toppings) Calories: 810 Total Fat: 34g Sat. Fat: 14g Cholest: 185mg Sodium: 610mg Carbs: 82g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 40g Protein: 40g