Bacon Pepper Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and 1½ teaspoons Garlic Pepper Seasoning OR 1¼ teaspoons Seasoned Salt.; Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill or large skillet to medium heat. Place patties on grill or in skillet. Grill or pan-fry, turning once, 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top with cheese.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, remaining ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and ½ teaspoon Garlic Pepper Seasoning OR 1¼ teaspoons Seasoned Salt.
- Spread buns with bacon jam mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and burgers.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with French fries.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and ½ teaspoon Garlic Pepper Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Nutrition per Serving: (based on Garlic Pepper Seasoning) Calories: 640 Total Fat: 37g Sat. Fat: 13g Cholest: 100mg Sodium: 860mg Carbs: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 30g