Artichoke & Spinach Dip in a Coffin Recipe
Delicious dip served in a Beer Bread "coffin" is to die for!
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer or club soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, optional
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hears, drained & chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Assorted fresh veggies and crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Bountiful Beer Bread Mix according to package directions using beer or club soda and butter, if desired. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except veggies and crackers. Mix to combine; salt and pepper as desired. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Cut bread horizontally ⅓ down from top. Gently remove bread from the inside of both the top and bottom, creating a coffin with cover. Cut inside bread into cubes; set aside.
- Fill bottom half of coffin with dip and place top half against the bottom creating an open coffin. Serve with assorted veggies, crackers and reserved bread cubes.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare step 1; store in an airtight container. Prepare step 2. Refrigerate up to 1 day ahead.