Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small (1 cup) crisp and sweet apple, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices
- In medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons Rustic Herb Seasoning. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and remaining ½ tablespoon Rustic Herb Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes.
- Spread toasted buns with pomegranate mayonnaise. Top with burgers, lettuce and tomatoes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with assorted fresh fruit.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place step 2 ingredients except mayonnaise in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.