Apple Berry Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 4 sections
- 1 (14 ounce) package tri-color coleslaw mix (without dressing)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 6 brioche hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 (2.8 ounce) container French fried onions, toasted
- Slow Cooker
- In a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker, combine water and Onion Onion Seasoning. Season roast with 2 teaspoons Seasoned Pepper and place in pot.
- Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 40 minutes. In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, ¼ cup Spiced Apple Berry Sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper. Toss to coat well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When pork is done, allow a 10 minute natural release, then continue with a quick release of pressure. Remove pork from cooker; drain off liquid.
- Shred pork and add it back into multi-cooker. Stir in remaining Spiced Apple Berry Sauce. Set multi-cooker to Sauté on MEDIUM. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve pork in toasted buns top with coleslaw and toasted French fried onions.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Bayou Glazed Green Beans recipe.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir
Slow Cooker Option: Prepare as directed above in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours. Simmer step 4 for 30 minutes on LOW.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Season pork sections with 2 teaspoons Seasoned Pepper. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 790 Total Fat: 26g Sat. Fat: 8g Cholest: 175mg Sodium: 640mg Carbs: 79g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 46g Protein: 55g