Seasoned Roast Chicken & Veggies Recipe
Make juicy, perfectly seasoned roast chicken – perfect for Sunday dinner or holiday celebrations.
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 (5-6 pound) whole chicken
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, reserving a few sprigs for garnish
- Kitchen twine
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In large cast-iron skillet or roasting pan, combine potatoes and carrots; drizzle with Roasted Garlic Infused Oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt. Toss to coat; arrange veggies in center of skillet or pan.
- Rub remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt all over chicken, inside and outside. Place lemon, garlic and thyme inside chicken, reserving a few sprigs of thyme for garnish. Tie legs with kitchen twine, and tuck wings close to the sides.
- Place chicken on bed of vegetables. Brush chicken with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature of chicken thighs reach 180°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 1¼-1½ hours. Remove from oven; let rest 15 minutes for juices to redistribute. Garnish with reserved sprigs of thyme, if desired.