Leftover Turkey Carnitas Recipe
Inspired by pork carnitas, this easy shortcut turns leftover turkey into crispy seared shreds for taco night.
- 3 cups chopped turkey or prepare Makin' Magic Chicken
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- ½ fresh jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils, optional
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- n large cast-iron skillet, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and spread in an even layer. Cook, without stirring until meat browns and crisps on the bottom, about 4-5 minutes. Stir; cook additional 2-4 minutes. Season generously with salt as desired. Stir in orange juice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice and pomegranate arils if desired.
- In another small bowl, mash avocados with Tex-Mex Simmer Sauce and remaining lime juice.
- Top warm tortillas with guacamole, turkey and pineapple salsa. Serve immediately.