Almond Breakfast Recipe
Your family will love this special coffee cake for breakfast or brunch, dotted with sweet preserves and cream cheese.
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter + 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar fruit preserves or choice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, , cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, combine Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix, water and ¾ cup melted butter. Mix until combined; set aside. In small bowl, combine preserves and flour; set aside.
- Pour ¼ of cake batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Top with 3-4 dollops of preserves mixture and ¼ of cream cheese cubes. Repeat layers of batter, preserves and cream cheese until pan is full. Sprinkle with granola and almonds; brush lightly with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake is fully baked. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes 10 servings.