Cheddar. Havarti. Gouda. Brie. Mozzarella. Don’t even get me started on the magic of cream cheese.
Cheese comes in so many gloriously gooey varieties. And as the weather gets a little chillier and gatherings with friends get a little cozier, there’s nothing better than entertaining with easy – and cheesy – appetizers.
From fun to fancy, here are 8 ways to get a little cheesy this fall!
1. Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Balls. Move over, Martha Stewart. You can be just as cute and crafty – with only two ingredients! Simply combine 1 packet Cheddar Ale Cheese Ball Mix with 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, and chill. Shape the mixture into a ball, draw grooves down the sides (I used a chopstick!), and then add a stem from a mini pumpkin or a bell pepper to the top. That’s it!
Serve with pretzel spindles and fresh veggies. It doubles as a festive fall centerpiece for your table, too.
2. Monterey Chorizo Queso. Creamy Monterey Jack. Spicy chorizo. Garden-fresh toppings. I mean, who doesn’t love chips and queso?
Best of all, this simple skillet is ready in only 10 minutes.
3. Cheesy Artichoke and Spinach Dip.Looking for a set-it-and-forget-it slow cooker dip? Loaded with artichoke hearts, spinach, sweet bell peppers and pepper jack cheese, this warm and bubbly dip is always a crowd favorite.
4. Cheddar Pub Pull-Apart Bread. Forget utensils. Get all hands on deck for this warm and buttery pull-apart bread, bursting with creamy beer cheese and buttery herbs. Perfect for sharing family-style!
5. Bacon Swiss Mushrooms. Filled with salty-smoky bacon and creamy Swiss cheese, these bite-size apps are cute as a button (or well – a button mushroom). And you only need four ingredients!
6. Zesty Southwestern Dip. Prefer something with a little more kick? Try this spicy baked chili dip, loaded with melty cheese and black bean salsa.
7. Bacon Jam Jalapeño Poppers. Great for everything from game day to special holidays, these perfectly poppable bites pack a little smoky heat – and a lot of cheesy Cheddar goodness.
8. Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos. With tangy buffalo chicken, melted mozzarella and crunchy celery, these baked nachos are made for casual weekend gatherings.
Pretty “grate,” right? (Come on – I did warn you about getting a little cheesy.)
Happy cooking, and happy fall, friends!